Friday, March 11, 2011

How to Wear: Lovely, Casual Braids


Model and actress Farris Patton is certainly stunning. I don't know if it's due to her features, the clothing styling or her flaxen hair, but doesn't her ability to pull off a hint of a loose, non-constricting braid look stunning?

As a hairstylist, I would hope I had the ability to pull it off. Surely, I would look more like a Pippy Longstocking though. But today, I'm going to give it a shot. I think that keeping it low, slightly disheveled, yet smooth is the key point, while keeping the rest of your hair carefree.

For a top part braid like in the first pic, lots of ideas here and instructions here. The skinny tight braid is old news, keep it low and loose, work it into a smooth, but messy side bun. Tons of ideas online.

This is a fishtail braid. Fergie has one here with pretty good instructions on how to do it.
Remember to keep it somewhat tight when braiding, but pull pieces apart when done.


The hidden braid. You don't even need to tie it off for a natural look. Just add a hint of gel or wax to your hands when you braid and then twist a bit of wax over the braid once you are done. Happy experimenting!

6 comments:

Kristina P. said...

SHe is gorgeous! I wish I had her skin.

Jessie said...

She is very pretty! My hair isn't long enough to braid. Great ideas!

vivian said...

She is gorgeous! I wish I looked like her! may hair is long enough for braids, but I'm too old for them! plus hair hanging in my face hides some other things! winkles, hair.. etc!
haha!
have a great weekend
vivian

Kelly said...

She really is beautiful! when I first saw the top photo I thought of the late Carolyn Bessette Kennedy, she had a very similar look, I always thought she was very beautiful... I love that a loose braid is fashionable again,now that my hair is finally long enough to wear one!

Meredith said...

i've never seen her before but what a pretty woman! her hair in braids is so so lovely. braids are one of my faves go-tos for sure:)
YOURS, MINE AND OURS

Unknown said...

she is gorgeous! i wish i had unleashed my load on her skin

Related Posts with Thumbnails