Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Inspired Color ~ The Beauty of Green

Green and pink striped house ~ credit?

Yes, green and gray are my two all time favorite colors. And though I have done posts on chartreuse with green accents, I can't believe I've never done a post about gray and green. They are both such soothing colors, and green can be warm or cool, depending on how it is used and looks amazing with both cool grays and warm creams. Though it is often seen as springy or Christmas-y, I believe it makes an amazing seasonal transition color into the fall. Saying good-bye to greenery and hello to golden landscapes. It really marries the two together, adding a richness in a way no other color can. Blues seem to be the color of the moment, but has anyone though to entertain, a lovely shade of green?

 Eclectic Interior Design Group~ Keep it (art arrangements) Tight

I love how each photo here has some element of pattern as well, from simple stripes on a throw or the bottom of drapes to damask bedspread, or a trellis wallpaper, it's so refreshing to see these patterns.
Coastal Living ~ Green, gray, white and aqua striped damask bedroom

 
Coastal Living~ Green dining room

Horse Art ~ Taylor Howes
Coastal Living ~ Gray and white striped dining with green accents

4 comments:

Kristina P. said...

We had a lot of houses like that first picture, in the area where I lived in California. They were so fun.

Pudel-design said...

The house with the green and pink is so pretty!
So colorful, i like it a lot!
Here in Germany you would never find such beauties;)
Lovely greetings...

Diana said...

What a dream house. It looks adorable!

I love lots of soft colours with grey - greens, yellows, pinks.

Cannwin said...

Ok I swear that house is just up the road from me. I mean like I looked at your bio to see where you were from--swear it.

Hmm, now I'm going to have to go down there and see what their address number is. Is it possible to have two houses of the same style and coloring?

Crazy.

Related Posts with Thumbnails