Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Sweet Treats: Graham Cracker, Icing and Strawberry Summer Dessert


I love baked goods... when other people make them. Sometimes, I get excited to bake, but the energy, ingrediant checking/shopping and the stress of eating them while fighting off my boys is just too much.


 Also, the heat. Ovens, especially in {Texas} summer, I would rather avoid. Now, this treat may not be for the high society, elitest of bakers, but maybe someone out there may enjoy it, so here goes.


 I simply break the graham crackers along the perforated lines, smear on some chocolate icing (store bought or you can make your own), top with chopped strawberries and a shot of whip cream. If you have fresh mint, that is yummy on top, but my mint plant didn't move with us when we moved.


Easy, fast, no baking involved, simple ingredients and you make the amount you need in one sitting. Oh, and kids love it. Sometimes, I like to spread just a bit of frosting on the graham cracker and eat it without anything else.


Also, can you believe this monster of a strawberry? It's as big as my hand. Of course, my hands are fairly small, but still, it was huge... and most importantly, delicious.

3 comments:

Kristina P. said...

You are killing me here! I need some chocolate and strawberries, stat!

OneCraftyFox said...

So, so yummy! I just can't NOT make this sometime soon, lol.

Hope you are having a fabulous summer :)

Dark Horse said...

That's a huge strawberry! Nice dessert. :-)

marikoy
http://mareeyah.com/ako

Related Posts with Thumbnails