Monday, August 24, 2009

Bringing the Outside In

Photobucket
photo by cassia (her etsy here)

Love dining al fresco, cupcakes and jams? Well then you will love today's post!

Anna, of Life More Abundant took a large wooden picnic table and put it in her dining room. The simple breezy white table cloth and curtains, earthy blue paint and simple vase of charming flowers makes a peaceful place to dine with the family. Love the lighting. I think it's just perfect!

Photobucket

Do you think a picnic table would be too casual for you? Well, think again. A classy chandelier, change of drapes and flowers would transform the room in an instant. The simple and unique design (and not having to push chairs around to clean the floors) can be used in many ways to work for anyone!

Photobucket

Here, I added some elegant themes in black and yellow.
(black chandelier, modern placemat, mirror & butterfly frame)

Photobucket

For a more colorful and shabby chic look. (orange vintage mirror, turquoise chandelier, shabby table linens)

All and all, I love what she did with it, and now we can see how versatile a picnic table can be!

By the way, I love featuring beautiful designer homes, but I would really love to feature original designs that haven't been shared before! If you have a space you would love for me to feature, or give some design ideas on, just email me the photos and your thoughts and I'll get to work!

For more crafty and design ideas, head on over to Kimba's diy day linky party and check out all the amazing makeovers!

Anna has also begun selling her homemade treats at Fresh Batch Jams and Fresh Batch Cupcakes! Go visit her shops and leave with a treat.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

9 comments:

KnockKnocking said...

I simply love your blog, so many amazing photos!

xoxo Agnes

Winchester Manor said...

Yummy...what a feast for the eyes! Love how you transformed a picnic table into an elegant dining setting. Those cupcakes and jams are making me hungry!

Anne said...

Hey! Thanks for the plugs! I really appreciate it! You've given me some fun ideas for my kitchen too :)

vivian said...

HI Lisa! youre a doll! I would love for you to make me an etsy banner! thank you so much for the offer. do you need anything from me? let me know.
Hugs!
vivian

Diva Kreszl said...

I could so go for one of those cupcakes right now!

Bri said...

Lisa, Love the new blog,and the new etsy! Keep it up girl!

Farmgirl Paints said...

Great ideas. So clever that high techie stuff you did. I love it. Those jelly's and jams looked fabulous too.

DollsAndSpooks said...

Hello Lisa! thanks for dropping by my blog. I am now your follower! thanks for your very generous offer. I do hope i will win, this is the first time i have ever entered a giveaway here in blogworld. you have a lovely blog. i will post your banner in my site. take care always, i will check your blog often especially since i will decorate my bedroom in december! :-)

charmedwishes18.blogspot.com

Home Stars said...

So lovely, thank you for this great post! I love it.
Affordable Dining Room sets
Denver Furniture Stores
Dining Room Chair Sets

Related Posts with Thumbnails