Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Jewelry Cards

I am sending some jewelry to Oak Boston this week, and I needed to alter my necklace and earring cards to remove my website name. I needed an update anyways, but the graphic designers I have spoken to have either been, too busy to get my order done quickly, too expensive, and yada yada.



So, I came up with this quick idea. I already purchased this cute little custom girl stamp from the sweetest seller ever, SJane and I also ordered my shop name stamp on a clear base from JLMould. The stamp had my whole website name on it, so I cut off the ".etsy.com" part and removed it, I can always stick it together later.

I found these cute premade tags and used my stamps on them (If you want all your tags to look the same, you can buy a tag paper punch and punch them all out on matching cardstock). For the necklaces, I folded them almost in half (after I stamped them) and stapled the sides shut. Now, I WOULD have put those page reinforcers on the back of the tags, except the hole sizes didn't match up, so I will have to fix that later. For the earring cards, I just made a template (for the kidney wires (and them I took a thumbtack and made little holes.



I think they turned out very cute and unique! I will go the professional graphic design route later when I can afford it, but for now, this is going to have to work.

Oh, and if you want to watch a great tutorial on making your own earwires, check this out from jewelry designer LisasLovilies! She has some gorgeous work and I can say I do have a bit of jealousy here :)

Oh, and I MUST post this ring set. It is so mouthwatering (as is pretty much everything in Zenabu's shop!!)

7 comments:

Conscientia's Cameos said...

OO la la, I love them!
Where did you get the premade tags from?

Little Lovables said...

I got the premade tags in a little tag book from Micheals. They probably have them at Hobby Lobby or other scrapbook places. They do have the manilla ones that do have the reinforced holes already, but I thought these were just too cute.

Sometimes, I use them as business cards in my packages!

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for the feature! That was incredibly sweet of you. You blog is fabulous!
xo
Lisa

Artifax said...

Great job on the necklace and earrings tags! They look great!

I've never been able to get those clearstamps to work for me .. the ink obscures the fine lines .. but maybe I'll try again .. yours looks just wonderful!

Tia Colleen said...

Oh I love how those tags came out!!! Very creative, and sooo cute.

Sugarskull said...

Those are great!!! Love the way you used the stamp. I make hand carved stamps too, and I wish I could see how people use them! :)

KimbolinaMarie said...

I found the same tags at michaels! I use them for my earrings too!
I also stamp them with a note like
"art washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life" -picasso
and put a small magnet on the back, run a pretty piece of ribbon through the top hole, and send them as gifts to my buyers! Great Idea!

Related Posts with Thumbnails