Monday, May 12, 2008

Tired


I have about one hundred projects in my head, 5 custom orders to finish, several orders to ship, a growing mountain of amazing supplies... and absolutely no motivation to do them. Then, there's dinner, and laundary, kids... Not to mention that our car air conditioning is broken and it is going to cost $800 to repair... just in time for Texas summer weather.

I was thinking about my issues and trying to map out schedules, and even though I knew about the earthquake in Japan, and am absolutely horrified, I saw some pictures that definately has humbled me.

This man is half buried under the collaped school. (REUTERS/Stringer)
I am amazed at how many natural disasters have occured these past couple of weeks, how many lives are gone, maimed or forever changed... and then I go about my daily life as if nothing has happened. It always leaves me with a sense of greater call that I need to do something. Besides prayers and donations, what can I do with 2 little ones at home? I have been wandering, if hurricanes get names... then what about earthquakes and tornados?

Rescued newborns from a collapsed hospital. (AP Photo / Cheng Chaosheng, Xinhua) This image has really struck me.


Housewife collages by DadaDreams.

On another note, tired as I am today, we had a quick, but yummy dinner. I rolled some sweet potatoes in foil and baked them for about an hour and a half, and then make some pre-cooked ham! It was easy, yummy and the only seasoning we needed was just butter for the potatoes. I even sneaked my baby his first bite of solid food, and he somewhat ate it, yumm!

5 comments:

CURU said...

I'm suffering from lack of motivation too. Everything that really needs to get done is not the good, fun kind of work.

I know what you mean about the disasters, they are coming one right after the other this year.

Teal Chic said...

This is so sad. I was watching The Today Show this morning, and they were showing the parents laying by their children's bodies at the school that collapsed. It's so horrific! I agree with both of you, it seems like everything that could go wrong is happening in 2008. Makes me wonder if somebody is trying to send us a message!!!!

Little Lovables said...

Oh my gosh, I am so glad I didn't see the Today show then! I would have broken down. I wish I could just go and hold those people and give them my love somehow.

Yep, I know this sounds radical, but I am definately feeling a "sign of the times" here.

kristi said...

I feel your "tiredness" too! But I am glad I read your blog because I was clueless about the disasters that had happened. Thanks for informing me....very sad, I know.

BeachHouseBingo said...

I love that toile lamp! It reminds me of a duvet set I saw on ElegantLinensPC.com, it would match perfectly. Time to remodel my bedroom.

Related Posts with Thumbnails