Sunday, March 23, 2008

Easter and Cake


I found this amazing new Etsy seller while searching the tags for Marie Antionette, Elizabeth Knapp and I knew I had to do my first little artist feautre. Here is some neat-o info about her and a glimpse into her artistic world.

"I just graduated with my B.F.A in Painting and Drawing and I create art that makes me happy. I created this Etsy site just with my desert paintings and drawings. My inspiration is Wayne Thiebaud. I like to use a variety of mediums such as watercolors, pencils, acrylics, and collage. I love to bake cakes and decorate them and I use them as inspirations for my work."

She just sounds like the most amazing person!!



Now, a word on Easter. Last night, we watched Charelton Heston in The Ten Commandments. What a great movie! Despite many overdrawn narratives, over or under acting, and obvious deresions for the sake of theatrics, it is a good watch. However, because of it's extreme length and many many times of boredom, we accidentaly slept in and missed church! On Easter Sunday, no less. So, today, we are doing our own little service at home.



We are going to watch the "Restoration" video (you can watch it at the bottom of the page)and the "Finding Faith in Christ" DVD (this makes me tear up almost every time I watch it). We may also watch "The Testaments: Of One Fold and One Shepherd" , you can find it here to see a copy yourself. As many of you may or may not know, yes I am a Mormon, a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, and while religion won't be a huge topic on my blog, I had to say something since it is Easter Sunday.


(Del Parson Gethsemane painting)

No matter each person's faith, we all have a right and a duty to respect our own and each others. I love my Savior and the sacrifice He made so that I can be forgiven of my sooo many sins and that I can be reunited and live with my family again someday. I know that He loves us, He has given us many great works in the Bible and The Book of Mormon to help us gain greater understanding and improve our lives and happiness with His help. I am eternally greatful for the many men and women that have fought for religious freedom through persecution, and for Joseph Smith, who I know was a true prophet. I love my family very dearly and am so greatful that we have the Lord in our lives.


(Simon Dewy Resurrection painting)

Today, I feel so pretty and light and comfortable, because I am wearing this super soft and pretty bamboo shirt from Look For Fiddleheads.

Oh, and if you really love all things ballerina, then you must visit this blog post from Decor Amor (she even mentions my Prima Ballerina necklace in it, I will post a better picture of it for you though :)



Peace to you all and have a wonderful Easter!

4 comments:

Kiley said...

Lovely blog!!
I love the prima ballerina necklace!

Thanks for stopping by my blog, thats a brilliant idea!

Mandi said...

Happy Easter to you!! I hope your day was wonderful!

Anonymous said...

Great featured seller! You keep your blog interesting.

Little Lovables said...

Thank you!

I'm so happy you enjoy my blog Helen, I think you are my truest reader :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails